Moving House Checklist
Get your move on!
We understand that moving house is an unbelievably stressful time for all involved. That’s why we’ve put together a handy checklist to help you remember the important things to do before you move home.
Simply download our free moving house checklist or tick off the list of things you need to do before moving house as you go!
Before you move house:
You’re moving home, it’s all going ahead, but it’s time to get organised. Your moving day is getting closer and closer, but there’s still so much to do and think about!
By now you would have hopefully already booked in your removals company to help you with the move. If not, check out our handy guide on how to find the right removals company for your house move.
Moving House Checklist:
Simply call or email your providers / local authorities listed below and update them with your new address details or schedule appointments to get organised for your new abode:
Change of address on all bank accounts, debit and credit cards.
- Change of address on all bank accounts, debit and credit cards.
- Cancel or change your address for digital / satellite / cable TV providers.
- Update your internet providers with your new address and arrange a transfer a few weeks before you move home.
- Inform your utility suppliers of your home move such as electric, gas, water, council tax, TV licence. You will have to record your final meter readings on your moving day so you are charged the correct amount to finalise your account.
- Change of address for all car, home, contents, health and life insurances.
- Update your address for your vehicle registration and road tax.
- Change address on your driving license.
- Speak to your phone line provider about transferring or changing your landline phone number.
- Update your records with your local GP, dentists, etc.
- Update your information with the local Government via your electoral roll.
- Cancel or alter any ongoing memberships such as gyms, social clubs and after school activities.
- Make sure you have all the keys for your home in one place. This just makes it easier to organise everything on your moving day.
- Tell your schools / colleges / University / work that you’re relocating and therefore have a different address.
- Organise a postal redirect through Royal Mail to ensure that you don’t miss out on any stray letters after you’ve moved. We recommend doing this for 3 – 6 months, or until you stop receiving redirected post.
Finally, we always advise our customers to pack ‘personal items box’ containing all of your important documents such as banking information, credit cards, utility bill information, all of your new home documents, passports and other valuable items.
We recommend keeping this to hand for easy access just in case you need anything urgently on your moving day. It won’t be long until the stresses of moving home are a distant memory and you’re relaxing in your lovely new home!
To find out more about our home removal services in Brighton and the UK please get in touch with us by calling us on 01273 499 051 or emailing email@example.com.
Download our moving house checklist PDF: lix-moving-house-checklistGo back